manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: manifoldcf 0.5 from Windows Dev machine to Debian Server
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 10:26:29 GMT
Did you use Tomcat on Windows?

There is a -D switch you need to use when starting Tomcat which tells
ManifoldCF web applications where to find the properties.xml file.  It
may be that you'd need to make modifications to the tomcat startup
(/etc/init.d/tomcat6) to set that property.

The other thing to note is that, unless you change something explicit,
under Debian tomcat runs as the "tomcat6" user.  So your sync
directory has to be both readable and writeable by that user, as well
as the user that runs the agents process.  Indeed, at MetaCarta we
gave up and ran everything as the tomcat6 user - it seemed easier.

Karl