manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Rene Nederhand <r...@nederhand.net>
Subject Authority problem: Help requested
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:06:11 GMT
Hi all,

I am reading the book "Manifold in action" and trying to get all examples
running thereby learning how ManifoldCF works and what possibilities it
has. Unfortunately, I stumbled on a problem implementing authority. Can you
help me fixing this?

ManifoldCF v0.5 and Solr 3.1 are up and running fine. As described in
chapter 4, I have defined a "secured RSS" repository, a Null authority, and
created an output connector to Solr and made two jobs: one for Fred and one
for George. I adapted the schema.xml and solrconfig.xml according to the
instructions (see links below).

When I run both jobs, I see data being processed in Solr and access tokens
being added to Solr. A quick investigation with Luke shows that indeed the
index has two fields: allow_token_document and deny_token_document. So it
seems everything is all right.

However, running:

curl
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=Netanyahu&AuthenticatedUserName=George or
curl
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=Netanyahu&AuthenticatedUserName=Fred

gives me the same results. Even weirder: If I change the
AuthenticatedUserName to something completely different, I still get the
same result. It looks like the authority check does not work.

Some output after querying with curl:
Apr 25, 2012 10:08:45 PM
org.apache.manifoldcf.examples.ManifoldCFSecurityFilter prepare
INFO: prepare() entry params:
{params(q=Netanyahu),defaults(df=text&echoParams=explicit&rows=10)}
context: {webapp=/solr, path=/select}
Apr 25, 2012 10:08:45 PM org.apache.manifoldcf.examples.*
ManifoldCFSecurityFilter* process
INFO: *ManifoldCFSecurityFilter*: process() called
Apr 25, 2012 10:08:45 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO: [] webapp=/solr path=/select params={q=Netanyahu} hits=1 status=0
QTime=2

>From this, I conclude that authority-example.jar (in example/solr/lib) is
being processed.

I've attached links to my solrconfig, schema and the jar file. What am I
doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

René

My solrconfig.xml file
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/176114/solrconfig.xml

My schema.xml file
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/176114/schema.xml

The authority example jar (to be copied in example/solr/lib:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/176114/authority-example.jar