manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Scott Schneider <scottsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slow performance with a basic setup
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:56:21 GMT
Thanks for the quick response!  I had been using all the default
settings.  Once I deleted the bandwidth throttling, one phase of the
job goes much faster.  The # active documents goes from 0 to the total
in just a minute or two.  The overall time seems to be shorter, but it
still takes about an hour to process ~600 files totaling ~800 kb.  I
also increased the max connections to 50 on the web, null, and Solr
connections and changed Solr to commit within 30,000 msec rather than
at the end of every job.  That does not seem to have made a
difference.

Actually, I have no idea what state ManifoldCF is in right now.  I hit
restart a few hours ago and the status still says "Restarting".  There
is nothing in the command windows where I started ManifoldCF or Solr
or in the ManifoldCF log file.  The Solr command window does list
ManifoldCFSecurityFilter a few times.

Scott