manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "Silvia, Daniel [USA]" <Silvia_Dan...@bah.com>
Subject Web Crawl using ManifoldCF
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 13:24:26 GMT
Hi Carl

I want to thank you for your help regarding the Sharepoint to Solr connections, everything
seems to be working properly after getting the Viewers and Home Owners groups permission set
properly by our SharePoint Admins. However, I have another question regarding pulling site
content from the SharePoint instance and not the files stored on the SharePoint instance.

When creating a Respository connection, would you use the "Web" connection type to pull site
content? If that is the case, when creating the job, do you indicate just the site url you
want to crawl to pull site content in the "Seed" tab? Are we using the correct connection
repository? Is there a respository type we use to just crawl websites for the content and
not files?

As you can see, I hope I have explained myself properly, we are trying to just crawl site
content.

Thanks

Dan