manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ManifoldCF's dist/shapoint-integration dir
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:00:48 GMT
Ok, let's do one thing at a time.

First:

"For the Path tab where there are Path Rules, are these the paths we
want ManifoldCF to follow? Each site, and each Library like Documents
and Shared Documents. And in the Metadata tab, this is the tab where
you indicate for each "Site" and "Library" you want to include
specific metadata or include all metadata?"

For SharePoint, there are Path Rules and Metadata Rules.  The Path
Rules describe what documents you want to include or exclude.  The
Metadata Rules describe what metadata you want to include or exclude.
For right now I would ignore the Metadata Rules and just make sure you
have Path Rules that mean that you have included documents.

"As I run the report, I see "Documents", "Active, and "Processed"
where the numbers change under the "Active" column as well as the
"Document" and "Processed" column (these just get larger, where Active
changes). "

This "report" we actually call the Job Status screen.  The fact that
the numbers get larger and the job doesn't just end indicates that you
are successfully crawling your SharePoint, and you have set up the job
to include at least some documents.  This is good news.  However, this
is NOT the "Simple History" report I was alluding to earlier.  To get
to that report, click on the "Simple History" link on the left-hand
navigation area.  This report will show the events of your choice
(default - ALL recorded events) over a given time window (default: the
last hour).  If you've done this right you should at least see a "Job
start" event.  The events you are most interested in are the "fetch"
(which describes all attempts to fetch documents from SharePoint) and
"document ingest", which describe attempts to get documents into Solr.
 You can refresh the displayed events by clicking the "Go" button in
the middle of the screen whenever you wish.

I'd like you to delete your job, create it again, and start it.  Then,
while it is running, I'd like you to go to the "Simple History"
screen, and select the appropriate connection (your SharePoint
repository connection), and click the "Go" button.  So as not to skip
anything basic:

(1) What event types do you see?
(2) Are there "fetch" events?
(3) Are there "document ingest" events?

If you see no "fetch" events, that implies you have either not
specified any documents to include in your job, OR your Solr
connection is configured to reject too many document types so they are
all getting filtered out.

If you see "document ingest" events, but those have errors, it implies
that the configuration of your Solr connection is incorrect and does
not match the way your Solr is configured.  If you send me a specific
error code and/or text I can help you figure out what is happening.

If you see "document ingest" events with NO errors, but the Solr
instance is not getting documents, you are describing an impossible
situation.  While your Solr instance may not be configured to have the
Extracting Update Handler active, or it may be at a different URL than
what you pointed at, that would definitely yield errors or
notifications in the Simple History.

Please let me know what you actually see.
Karl

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Silvia, Daniel [USA]
<Silvia_Daniel@bah.com> wrote:
> Hi Karl
>
> I am trying to figure out why I can't see anything being indexed into our Solr index.
I was looking at another post where you were working with "Martijn" and that individual was
not able to see info getting into Solr. In the report  that I have set up, I have included
all metadata associated to each site, Share Documents, and Documents. In the Solr Field Mapping,
I am associating metadata fields that are indicated in the MetaData tab to fields that exist
in our solr index.

> For the Path tab where there are Path Rules, are these the paths we want ManifoldCF to
follow? Each site, and each Library like Documents and Shared Documents. And in the Metadata
tab, this is the tab where you indicate for each "Site" and "Library" you want to include
specific metadata or include all metadata?

> As I run the report, I see "Documents", "Active, and "Processed" where the numbers change
under the "Active" column as well as the "Document" and "Processed" column (these just get
larger, where Active changes). While I was researching why I may not be seeing something over
on the Solr side, I saw your communication with another individual indicating that I should
see something like literal.xxx=yyy in the Solr log. This is an older post so there maybe something
else I should see. But the only thing I see when I look at the Solr log is "[ ] webapp=/solr
path=/update/extract params={commit=true} status=0 QTime=0".

> Any ideas.
>
> Thanks

I am not getting what I am suppose to.  I see the "Start Time, Activity, Identifier, Bytes,
and Time, I don't get anything for Result Code or Result Description. I looked in the documentation
and we should be getting something in those fields, I believe.

>> Anyway, I will look through the mail list to see what I can find.
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> Dan

for info and I will have to change the logging level to DEBUG.

>>> Thanks again for your help.

for trying to send output to a Solr instance in the Jobs List/Creation section? We are having
an issue getting content to Solr. Is there a document anywhere which defines the fields for
the Jobs sections for the Solr Field Mapping tab and the Paths and MetaData tabs?

the Sharepoint instance and all sites under the instance? The individual who set my permissions
set me up as the "site collection admin" for the top most site. Is there a specific admin
role without setting the user crawling the sharpoint instance other than "Farm Admin"?

I indicated that I needed to be able to crawl SharePoint, I guess the problem was on my end
indicating that I also needed privileges to crawl the site.

to v 3 I get a message indicating "Connection Working".

field, I get an error message "axisFault=Server, detail=Server was unable to process request
--> Requested Registry access is not allowed" and when I put a "/" in the site filed I
get  a GUI error indicating that the site field can't end with a "/".

is not configured properly for us to crawl?

is denied due to server configuration" when setting the Site field to /default.aspx. Do most
Sharepoint instances have the urls set to something like http://server:port/sites/...... instead
of http://server:port/? When I use the "/default.aspx" I see in the log files that ManifoldCF
is trying to go to the Lists.asmx service with the url http://server:port/default.aspx/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx,
where nothing is found.

I am just trying to

is something like http://server:port/default.aspx. If I don't put anything in the site field
I get a message indicating "Requested Registry Access is not allowed". I was putting "/default.apsx"
as my Site field which I believe may have been the issue. However, what do you put in your
Site field when the site is the top most site, as in http://server:port/default.aspx?

on a network which is not connected to the outside.

 I can,

For the
 And the URL

 This hasn't

SharePoint, is

wire and I restarted the ManifoldCF instance. I was also see the webservice Lists.asmx through
IE. When reviewing the log files I was able to see some of the content that resides in the
Sharepoint instance in the content coming back from the request. However, I am still seeing
the error messages in the ManifoldCF GUI as well as in the log file indicating  "Bad Envelope:
HTML" ,"No service named ListsSoap is available" and "No service named http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/GetListCollection
is available".

services are being built on the client side?

Client wire
 The log will
and the responses,

to access them
should see an

v .4 and have run the necessary ant scripts to download dependencies and then built the entire
project. I have also had the ShrePoint webservice MetCarta.SharePoint.MCPermissionsService.wsp
deployed on the SharePoint instance due to running version 3 of SharePoint (SharePoint 2007).
When I try to create a Repository Connection and select "Save" I get a message on the ManifoldCF
front end of "org.xml.sax.SAXException Bad envelope tag: HTML". When I look at the log file
I see an error message " org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No service named ListsSoap
is available".

and what may be causing this issue?

you need to have the
ship those because of