manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From mi...@grf.bg.ac.rs
Subject Authorization for Ubuntu server and Windows WS not in a domain
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:12:55 GMT
Hello,

I would like to test ManifoldCF (MCF) in order to achieve doc level
security in my SOLR search app. Actually I already developed my own
document crawler apart from the MCF framework. My test SOLR app is located
on Ubunutu server (the indexed docs are located on that server). When I
tried to use MCF Quick Start App I didn't know what authorization
connector to use for this case (of course I would use MCF crawlers in this
case to retrieve documents).

I need MCF only for authorization. My crawler already uses Java 7
capabilities to retrieve file ACL(Posix attributes) What classes do I need
to use from MCF libraries to perform authorization based on Ubuntu server
usernames?

Finally, is it possible to perform authorization against Windows accounts
on workstations not in a domain (local users)?

Thank you,
Milos