manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authorization for Ubuntu server and Windows WS not in a domain
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 22:51:30 GMT
The format of a ManifoldCF access token is a collaboration between an
authority connector and repository connectors designed to work with
that authority connector.  If you've already indexed documents using
another mechanism, you can still use ManifoldCF's authority service to
obtain access tokens for authenticated users.  This service is a web
application accessible by http.  You can see what it returns (after
defining an authority connection or two in the ManifoldCF UI) by
simply using curl:

curl "http://localhost:8345/mcf-authority-service/UserACLs?username=myname@mydomain.com"

... and noting what is returned.  The access tokens indexed in Solr by
your crawler will have to match the access token format returned by
the authority service, or the Solr query modification components we
supply will not work.

Hope this helps,
Karl