manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem crawling windows share
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:01:22 GMT
See http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/api/overview-summary.html#scp.
The properties jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility and
jcifs.smb.client.useExtendedSecurity are the ones you may want to
change.  These two properties go together so certain combinations make
sense and others don't, so there's really only combinations you need
but I'll need to look at what they are and get back to you later
today.

As far as setting the switches are concerned, if you are using the
Quick Start you do this trivially by:

<java> -Dxxx -Dyyy -jar start.jar

If you are using the multi-process configuration, that is what the
"defines" directory is for; you only need to create files in that
directory with the names "jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility" and
"jcifs.smb.client.useExtendedSecurity" containing the values you want
to set.

Karl