manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Adam LaPila <Adam.LaP...@lmal.com.au>
Subject MCF - Oracle to Solr
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 00:02:34 GMT
Hello,

Im trying to get MCF to index my oracle repository to my solr output repository. I have been
following the end-user documentation and im still having trouble getting things to work. I
have also installed and running solr off a tomcat server on port 8080

I have set up my output, repository connectors. These seem to be fine, as it has the "Connection
Working" status.
I am sure the problem is how I'm setting up my job to extract the database table data, to
my solr index.

I received an email from Karl a couple of days ago in regards to the queries provided.

"SELECT CONCAT('http://myserver.com?id=',Aircraft_ID) AS $(URLCOLUMN), ... FROM ... WHERE
..."

I have changed my query to be more like this.

This is what I have as my Data Query:

SELECT AIRCRAFT_ID AS "$(IDCOLUMN)", AIRCRAFT_INFO as "$(DATACOLUMN)", CONCAT('http://localhost:8080/solr?id=',AIRCRAFT_ID)
AS "$(URLCOLUMN)" FROM AIRCRAFT WHERE AIRCRAFT_ID IN $(IDLIST)

When I run the job, I find that in the simple history I get something like this.

document ingest (Solr)            http://localhost:8080/solr?id=AC001             500
 27        16        Internal Server Error
AC001 is of the ID's in the table

I am obviously doing something wrong when it comes to the URL, but I have tried a few things
and no success. Is the url correct or should be something else.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My oracle database info is similar to this
Service Name: somthing.somthing.end.net.au and
Host: somthing.end.net.au
Port:  1521

I just have a simple Database with a table called Aircraft - With Aircraft_id, Aircraft_make,
Aircraft_Model, Aircraft_Info...all I want to do is get the data from these columns and index
them to solr

Thanks,
Adam.

This message is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s) If you are not an intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please
destroy all copies of this message and its attachments and notify the sender immediately