manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: config files for ManifoldCF
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 10:08:18 GMT
How you add the -D switch for tomcat depends on what platform you are
running tomcat.  On Windows, there is an application that allows you
to add commands to the java invocation.  On linux, the
/etc/init.d/tomcat script allows you to set options - depending on
version, you can even put these in a directory that the script scrapes
to put them together.

As for what else you need:

- a properties.xml file that specifies a synch directory
- you will need to initialize the database, register the crawler
agent, and register the connectors using commands, as described in
how-to-build-and-deploy
- You'll need to run the agents process, and any of the sidecar
processes needed by the connectors you have registered.  There are
scripts for all of these, which require you to set MCF_HOME and
JAVA_HOME environment variables first.

Karl