manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Piergiorgio Lucidi <piergior...@apache.org>
Subject Re: config files for ManifoldCF
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:43:02 GMT
Hi Swapna,

2011/10/2 Swapna Vuppala <swapna.kollipara@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Am new to using ManifoldCF and I have got couple of doubts about using it.
>
> Am interested in knowing about what are the config files that are used in
> ManifoldCF, where they are located and how they are used. Also, I was
> wondering where all the information about output connection definitions,
> repository definitions and job definitions, defined by a user using the
> crawler UI, are stored.

The unique config file is the properties.xml that you need to add a new JVM
parameter:

-Dorg.apache.manifoldcf.configfile=<configuration file path>

This only if you are deploying ManifoldCF in an application server.
Otherwise you can leave properties.xml in your "<user home>/lcf" folder.
You can find an example of the properties.xml file in the dist/example
folder of the distribution bundle.

All the information managed by the UI Crawler are stored in a database, HSQL
by default but you can configure a Postgresql DBMS changing the
properties.xml file, for more information about all the parameters you can
visit the following page:

http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/how-to-build-and-deploy.html#The+ManifoldCF+configuration+file

Hope this helps.
Piergiorgio