manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Pravin Agrawal <Pravin_Agra...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Not able to create sharepoint connection
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:20:01 GMT
Hi All,

I was trying out the sharepoint repository connector provided by manifold CF, following are
the steps that I carried out to get it up and running.

For building and deploying the CF, I followed the procedure given at http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/how-to-build-and-deploy.html
I have build the connector on my linux machine and deployed the application using quick start
process.

The question that came to me during the build process was - is .NET and MS Visual studio absolutely
necessary for building the sharepoint connector or is it sufficient to provide only those
5 wsdl file mentioned in the guide and does it works on windows only as I am able to see manifoldCF
UI on to my browser by simply deploying the quickstart version along with sharepoint repository
connection.

I started to make the sharepoint repository connection to crawl one of the sharepoint site
and following are the problems I encountered while creating it

1.       After creating the sharepoint repository connection, the status shows me a message
as follows
Connection status: The site at http://portal.mydomain.co.in/sites/Documents/Forms did not
exist

2.       With a different sharepoint site, connection status shows me following message

Connection status: ManifoldCF's MCPermissions web service may not be installed on the target
SharePoint server. MCPermissions service is needed for SharePoint repositories version 3.0
or higher, to allow access to security information for files and folders. Consult your system
administrator.

Can any when tell me whether I am missing some steps

Thanks in advance.

-Regards,
Pravin

DISCLAIMER