manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cache accesstoken
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 13:23:42 GMT
I'm actually working on a ManifoldCF in Action example for caching for
authority connectors this weekend, so one way or another I'm going to
be writing caching code very soon.  If you are willing to test things
out in your environment, I'm thinking it might make sense to create a
branch for this ticket, and then I can easily provide code that you
can try out.  Are you interested in this arrangement?

Karl

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:51 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a long-standing ticket open for adding such caching,
> CONNECTORS-32.  The implementation proposal, as stated in the ticket,
> would require changes to the AuthorizationResponse object as well as
> to each individual connector (to signal the lifetime of the cached
> tokens).  An alternative architecture would be to implement caching on
> a per-authority-connector basis, which would be more flexible but
> require potential duplication of code and structures.  Nevertheless,
> I'm leaning toward the latter approach now.
>
> If you are interested in contributing, and you've read Chapter 5 of
> ManifoldCF in Action (which discusses the ManifoldCF caching
> architecture, and is due out in about 2 weeks), you could potentially
> contribute a fix.  Are you interested?
>
> Karl
>

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 2:09 AM, Shinichiro Abe
> <shinichiro.abe.1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>> In "mcf-authority-service", can it cache user's accesstoken for a certain period?
>>
>> As far as I was tested, when I requests to mcf-authority-service every time, it seemed
that it connects authorities(Active Directory) each time.
>> I do not want to request authorities each time(for reducing load), is there cache
mechanism in mcf-authority-service?