manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Erlend Garåsen <e.f.gara...@usit.uio.no>
Subject Re: [TIP] Workaround for Solr bugs when Indexing Solr 1.4.1
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:02:37 GMT
On 05.04.11 16.30, Karl Wright wrote:
> That's great news!  There was also some rumor that the extracting
> update request handler had been moved to contrib, and thus you had to
> do special stuff in order to get ManifoldCF to work with Solr.  I'm
> hoping that was just rumor, though - any comments?

The extracting request handler, or Solr Cell, is placed in the contrib
folder in Solr 1.4.1 as well. Yes, you have to do a couple of things as
long as you do not run the example (Jetty) version of Solr.

1. Configure a lib directory in <solr.home>
2. Make sure that this lib directory will be read (edit solrconfig.xml)
3. Copy all jars from contrib/extraction/lib/ to lib
4. Copy dist/apache-solr-cell-3.1.0.jar to lib (Solr Cell is not
included in solr.war).

That's it!

I tested this on Resin 4.0.15 today and managed to parse a lot of
different document formats without any problems.

Erlend
--
Erlend Garåsen
University of Oslo