It’s strange; I created copy of RSS connector in a different package:

package org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.rss2

  <repositoryconnector name="RSS" class="org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.rss2.RSSConnector2"/>

  <repositoryconnector name="RSS2" class="org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.rss2.RSSConnector2"/>

I added some log output (to check that I have new RSS2 working)

However, old Manifold always loaded old org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.rss.RSSConnector (from rss package instead of rss2)

I was forsed to rename class too, into RSSConnector2, and it works now…

org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.rss2.RSSConnector2