manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange class loading issue
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:18:23 GMT
There is no magic in ManifoldCF - everything is database driven, so if
the database says something, that's what ManifoldCF looks at.

The only thing I can think of is that you created a connection
definition and then registered a different connector class with the
same name.  The connection definition records the class name of the
connector, not the connector name, so you would have been using the
"old" connector at that point.  But the connector should have been
regarded as "uninstalled" by ManifoldCF, so when you tried to use it
to crawl, the job status should have told you that the connector was
uninstalled.

The above is exactly how ManifoldCF was designed to behave when
connectors were mucked with underneath it, so that's not a problem
unless you were expecting a different effect.

Hope this helps.
Karl