manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 20:34:26 GMT
The logging.ini file in dist/example should look something like this:

log4j.appender.MAIN.File=logs/manifoldcf.log
log4j.rootLogger=WARN, MAIN
log4j.appender.MAIN=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.MAIN.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

The log output goes to dist/example/logs/manifoldcf.log.

The way you turn on logging is either in logging.ini, describing
standard log4j loggers, or in properties.xml, where the properties
that ManifoldCF interprets as system loggers can be set to WARN, INFO,
DEBUG, etc.  These are:

org.apache.manifoldcf.misc (miscellaneous)
org.apache.manifoldcf.db (database)
org.apache.manifoldcf.connectors (connectors)
etc.

e.g:
<property name="xxx" value="DEBUG"/>

The complete list is in the code, but let me know what loggers you are
interested in and I can probably remember.  After you set either
properties or logging.ini, you should restart ManifoldCF so it reads
the new logging files.

Also, on Windows, you may need to ^C out of ManifoldCF to get it to
flush to the log; this seems to be a problem with log4j on that
platform.

Karl