manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing Solr with the web crawler
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 14:01:08 GMT
Ok, I think I finally have the conference schedule all worked out with
my employer.

(1) I've put in a ManifoldCF presentation proposal for Lucene
Revolution in May 25-26.  Topic is using ManifoldCF and Solr to secure
documents.  If that's accepted, great; if not, I will probably go to
the Berlin Buzzwords conference instead, for company reasons.

(2) I plan on attending (and presenting something related to
ManifoldCF, if accepted) at ApacheCon North America on November 7-11.
Topic TBD depending on what happens with the Lucene Revolution talk in
May, and what people seem to be interested in hearing about.  To that
end, I'd love to hear ideas.

Thanks!
Karl

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:24 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm told Eurocon will likely be sometime in October, and it will be
> put on by Lucid, if it happens at all.  So I can present ManifoldCF
> then, if appropriate arrangements can be worked out.
>
> Karl
>
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You're right.  For some reason I misread the date on the note.
>>
>> So it is indeed possible that I can present at the Lucene Revolution
>> conference - but if so, that would be a search-related talk, not about
>> ManifoldCF.  I *may* be able to present at Eurocon, if it's not May
>> 17-21.  I probably wouldn't be able to do both.
>>
>> Karl

>>> Actually that's not correct, according to <http://www.lucidimagination.com/revolution/2011>
it's May 23-26 in San Francisco, CA.  And that's the Lucene *Revolution* conference, whereas
it was Lucene *EuroCon* that was being mentioned by Erlend.  I don't have details on EuroCon
2011 yet myself.