manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "Fuad Efendi" <f...@efendi.ca>
Subject RE: History Background
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:07:53 GMT

DBInterfaceMySQL.java:
     private static final String _driver = "org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver";
- this class (JDBC Driver) was deprecated in 2002... it is now
"com.mysql.jdbc.Driver", Connector/J
http://mmmysql.sourceforge.net/
" In June, 2002, I joined the fine crew of developers at MySQL AB, and
MM.MySQL is now the official JDBC driver for MySQL! As well as being under a
free software license (LGPL for Connector/J 2.0.14, GPL for Connector/J
3.0.0 and beyond)...."

Oh yes, Forrest is (was) based on Cocoon, and Cocoon provided basic crawler
(and this crawler is now "Droids")... something like that... I don't know
this in depth... but I noticed ManifoldCF mentions Forrest as a web (HTTP)
crawler (connector)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Sent: March-14-11 3:32 PM
To: connectors-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: History Background

The project started in 2005, actually, but the version of MySQL it was
originally written to work with was older (obviously).  MySQL was almost
immediately dropped in favor of PostgreSQL.

What MySQL JDBC driver are you referring to?  I don't believe there are any
checked into the source tree at this time.

Forrest was not rolled into Droids.  It is an Apache top-level project.  See
here: http://forrest.apache.org/

Karl