manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Connection already in use" when crawling Windows Share repositories
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:50:36 GMT
I don't think this is directly a ManifoldCF issue.  My guess is that
you are running out of file handles.  If you are on Windows, you might
want to track the number of handles you are using via netstat.  If on
linux, then lsof is the right tool.

If you decide that this is indeed what the issue is, then on linux you
need to either rebuild the kernel, or do stuff with ulimit to set the
number of handles.  On Windows, I don't know how to do it.  Limiting
the number of handles used by ManifoldCF is done by setting the number
of connections under the "Throttling" tab of the various connection
definitions you create, but that's not going to help with Tomcat.

It may be worth checking if you aren't closing something.  That could
easily cause this problem, eventually.  Since it is happening at
crawling time, the Active Directory Authority is not actually
communicating with the LDAP server yet.  JCIFS probably is, though.

Let us know what you find.

Thanks,
Karl

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 6:31 AM,  <c.a.r.e@gmx.de> wrote:
> I'm running MCF rev. 1071535 with Apache Tomcat 7. Solr and MCF are using HTTPS. When
crawling data from a Windows Share Connection with Active Directory Authority after some time
of crawling my job aborts with the status "Error: Couldn't set up SSL connection to ingestion
API: Address already in use: connect".

> In the mcf logfile I get:
>
> [2011-02-18 11:24:33,695]ERROR Exception tossed: Couldn't set up SSL connection to ingestion
API: Address already in use: connect
> org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.ManifoldCFException: Couldn't set up SSL connection
to ingestion API: Address already in use: connect
>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.output.solr.HttpPoster.createSocket(HttpPoster.java:736)
>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.output.solr.HttpPoster$IngestThread.run(HttpPoster.java:1006)
> Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect
>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
>        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
>        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)
>        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(SSLSocketImpl.java:550)
>        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(SSLSocketImpl.java:353)
>        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(SSLSocketFactoryImpl.java:71)
>        at org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.output.solr.HttpPoster.createSocket(HttpPoster.java:728)
>        ... 1 more
>
> I use the same LDAP user
> - to authenticate at MCF
> - login credentials for the Solr Connection
> - credentials for authority connection
> - and for connecting to our LDAP server itself (in tomcat JNDI Realm config).
>
> It seems to me that the connection to LDAP might be a problem. I tried to configure connection
pooling for tomcat. (I'm afraid I'm not so familiar with that.)