manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: RE: Problems crawling with ActiveDirectory authority
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:33:48 GMT
So you are trying to use the file system connector for this task?  The file system connector
simply uses Java file I/O to access the file; there’s a good chance that won’t work with
windows shares.  You need the JCIFS connector for that – it’s fully integrated with Windows
security.

Thanks,
Karl

From: ext c.a.r.e@gmx.de [mailto:c.a.r.e@gmx.de]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 10:29 AM
To: connectors-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: RE: Problems crawling with ActiveDirectory authority

I configured a AD authority (state says "Connection working"), used this one to create a repository
connection. This connection is used in my job, output connector is Solr.
When I run this job, no files are indexed. When I connect to this remote location (in Win
Explorer connect to remote network drive) and then execute this job, all works fine as the
source is connected locally then.

When debugging the project in Eclipse it seems that in the FileConnector.getDocumentVersions
the thread skips the first "if" (file.exists()==false).
When using a job running on the local file-system or the same job after mapping the network
drive, everything works fine here.

Hope this information helps.

Carina

-------- Original-Nachricht --------