manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "Nadia Akkari" <nadia.akk...@polyspot.com>
Subject authority service and user id mapping
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:32:44 GMT
Hi,

I have a question regarding how multiple identifiers for a given user is
handled in the authority service.

Let say that I want to get the access tokens for the user John Smith
against all the authority connectors defined in LCF.

Let say that John is known as john.smith in AD, known as j.smith in
document and so on.

If I'm not wrong, the only parameter used to identify a user in the
authority service is "username".

I'm wondering how user id reconciliation is performed inside the
authority service in that case? Is there something done about that or is
it a work that should be performed externally?

Thks

Nadia