manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From James Thomas <james.tho...@linguamatics.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: How to deal with MCF server failing to start when connector class not found?
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:50:09 GMT
On 12/03/2019 07:26, Karl Wright wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> ManifoldCF is trying to resolve a difference here between the
> connectors.xml file and what's in the database.  Basically, the proper
> order for removing a connector is as follows:
> - Take it out of connectors.xml
> - Start ManifoldCF
> - Stop ManifoldCF
> - Remove the jar you are trying to get rid of
> - Start ManifoldCF again
>
> If you've already tried to do this in a different order, you can fix things
> by just putting the jar back in the connector jar area and picking up the
> sequence.  OR, if the database instance doesn't contain anything valuable,
> you can always delete it and start over if that is faster.

Thank you, that sequence worked for the case I had.

James

--
James Thomas | Head of Testing | Linguamatics, an IQVIA company
324 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, CB4 0WG Cambridge, UK
Telephone number: +44 (0)1223 651910
web: www.linguamatics.com
Winner of the Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award 2016, 2017 and 2018
Linguamatics will process your personal data fairly and lawfully in accordance with professional
standards and the Data Protection Act 2018, General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
(as applicable) and any other applicable laws relating to the protection of personal data
and the privacy of individuals. Further information is available in our privacy policy: https://www.linguamatics.com/privacy.
This email has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). The contents of this
email and any attachments are very likely to contain confidential or proprietary information.
If you received this email in error please advise the sender by reply email and immediately
delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents.
Linguamatics Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number:
4248841