manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From "Singh,Jasvinder" <Jasvinder.Si...@gartner.com>
Subject Steps to follow post PostgreSQL configuration for Zookeeper example
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2018 08:42:25 GMT
Karl – I need help to understand step -  I am using recommended Running multiprocess ZooKeeper
example using Tomcat step – and have configured my properties-global.xml file to use PostgreSQL
– as it was already having

<property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.databaseimplementationclass" value="org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.DBInterfaceHSQLDB"/>

I replaced with Postgre setting along with other settings needed in this file.(see attached
file)

Now I am confused with documented steps – in yellow below – to start-database.bat (It
is written to start hsqldb) – Not sure if we need to run the start-batabase.bat and initialize.bat
when we

Are  using Postgre as our selected database

Documentation Extract..

start-database[.sh|.bat]

script to start the HSQLDB database

initialize[.sh|.bat]

script to create the database instance, create all database tables, and register connectors

Running multiprocess ZooKeeper example using Tomcat
In order to run the ManifoldCF ZooKeeper example under Tomcat, you will need to take the following
steps:
1.    Start ZooKeeper (using the runzookeeper[.sh|.bat] script)
2.    Initialize the ManifoldCF shared configuration data (using setglobalproperties[.sh|.bat])
3.    Start the database (using start-database[.sh|.bat])
4.    Initialize the database (using initialize[.sh|.bat])
5.    Start the agents process (using start-agents[.sh|.bat], and optionally start-agents-2[.sh|.bat])
6.    Modify the Tomcat startup script, or use the Tomcat service administration client, to
set a Java "-Dorg.apache.manifoldcf.configfile" switch to point to the example's properties.xml
file.
7.    Start Tomcat.
8.    Deploy and start the mcf-crawler-ui, mcf-authority-service, and mcf-api-service web
applications, preferably using the Tomcat administration client.

CEB is now Gartner. Learn more.<https://www.gartner.com/technology/about/ceb-acquisition.jsp>
CEB India Private Ltd. Registration No: U741040HR2004PTC035324. Registered office: 6th Floor,
Tower-B, Building No.10, DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon 122002, Haryana India If you are not the
intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify the sender and permanently