manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From "Singh,Jasvinder" <Jasvinder.Si...@gartner.com>
Subject RE: ManifoldCF and PostgradeSQL Version Compatability
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2018 11:45:57 GMT
Karl - My Question was regarding which version of postgresql is compatible with ManifoldCF
as per postgresql site they have versioning till 11.1

https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/
PostgreSQL 11.1, 10.6, 9.6.11, 9.5.15, 9.4.20, and 9.3.25 Released!

So my question is from the site which version of postgresql to download so that it can be
compatible with  Postgresql driver 42.1.3 as you mentioned below

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 4:43 PM
To: dev
Subject: Re: ManifoldCF and PostgradeSQL Version Compatability

Hi Jasvinder,

The Postgresql driver we currently download for testing and when customers
build ManifoldCF themselves is:

    <property name="postgresql.version" value="42.1.3"/>

Karl

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:43 AM jasvinder.singh@gartner.com <
jasvinder.singh@gartner.com> wrote:

> As per Documentation in it states that
>
> The PostgreSQL JDBC driver included with ManifoldCF is known to work with
> version 9.1, so that version is the currently recommended one.
>
> But as per https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.postgresql.org_download_&d=DwIBaQ&c=qRq7a-87GiVVW7v8KD1gdQ&r=O4FdpznhI-aW2GjsYnqls4K1A4w_taTiyoHoGzRLt4o&m=JlT2BPjDwyBACj4tLKM-exSW76gvASv-70C5cpO5ZwU&s=QLQ-FPqx0eIjPyFS_qj9fGv6aCkXLExOIiRF0M8VZ90&e=
site version 9.1 seems
> not downloadable
> as its falls under unsupported version - Can you suggest what version you
> recommend
> today - i have to use PostgreSQL for Simplified multi-process model using
> ZooKeeper-based synchronization.
>
> Also please confirm I have to update configurations in
> properties-global.xml file and not properties.xml
> file in D:\manifoldcftunk\dist\multiprocess-zk-example-proprietary
> As per example in applciation for Single Process it uses properties.xml
> to override values
> but no where in documentation i see where to update the values for
> Simplified multi-process model using ZooKeeper-based synchronization.
> Looking at  properties-global.xml  file it seems it has below config so I
> am assuming it needs to be udpated
>
> <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.databaseimplementationclass"
> value="org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.DBInterfaceHSQLDB"/>
>
> Thanks in advance for help

CEB is now Gartner. Learn more.<https://www.gartner.com/technology/about/ceb-acquisition.jsp>
CEB India Private Ltd. Registration No: U741040HR2004PTC035324. Registered office: 6th Floor,
Tower-B, Building No.10, DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon 122002, Haryana India If you are not the
intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify the sender and permanently