manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From krishna agrawal <krish.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Manifold 2.10
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2018 14:57:15 GMT
thanks Karl,

I have deployed in my local as simple example and in Dev and QA with the
recomendation of Dev Ops team we deployed as multiprocess file example we
had brief discussion about considering multiprocess-zk-example and at that
time we were unsure of multiprocess-zk-example.

But i will check and let you know if we can change the set up now?

One question do we need to do fresh install or can we upgrade to
multiprocess-zk-example?

Thanks for anticipation.

Thanks,
Krishna A

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 3:05 PM Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another thing: it's quite important to guarantee a working setup here,
> otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time.  So, please base your
> installation on the multiprocess-zk-example.  Start off by running the
> example as is, on a small test crawl.  Once you know how it works, then
> move next to changing only what you have to -- namely, the database
> properties in the global properties file, to point to your MySQL instance.
> Try that also on a small test case (crawl some files for instance), before
> trying it on your large case.  Every step of the way should work, and if it
> doesn't, figure out why not before you move onto the next step.
>
> Thanks,
> Karl
>

> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 2:59 PM Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Zookeeper does not require a locking directory.  It is a process that
> > synchronizes other processes, and they connect to it by port.
> >
> > Karl
> >

> > On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 2:55 PM krishna agrawal <krish.agwl@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for the information.
> >> if we use Zookeeper how can we make sure all our ManifoldCF processes
> use
> >> same locking directory does it can be done at the configuration level
> >> while
> >> installing.
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> Krishna A

> >> or if
> >> its

> >> directory
> such

> Unexpected
> >> job
> >> > >

> org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.jobs.Jobs.returnJobToActive(Jobs.java:2145)
> >> > >

> org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.jobs.JobManager.resetJobs(JobManager.java:8449)
> >> > >

> org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.JobResetThread.run(JobResetThread.java:77)

> multiprocess-file-example,

> >> Zookeeper
> So

> >> krish.agwl@gmail.com>