manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Alfresco Connection Error
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2018 21:58:04 GMT
When an error occurs during execution of a connector's configuration check,
you get (a) a user- friendly message in the UI, and (b) the underlying
exception dumped to the console.  We do not generally think it's a good
idea to log console configuration issues, since there's feedback in the UI,
and since the manifoldcf log is meant for recording crawling errors and
status.

The console output is generated as a courtesy and could be trivially turned
off, since it's generated by the JSP pages that underlie the connector
configuration UI.  But sometimes it contains useful information to the
engineer.

Karl