manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Manifold 2.10
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2018 18:38:43 GMT
That error is the result of the database not managing transactions
properly.  It can occur if the locking system is not set up properly, or if
you are using multiple agents processes and each process does not have its
own ID.  We have also seen it reported before just because MySQL seems to
have bugs and sometimes writes are delayed or don't go through.

My recommendation would be to:
(1) use zookeeper, not file locking
(2) Make sure all your ManifoldCF processes use the SAME locking directory
or Zookeeper instance
(3) If you are using multiple agents process, be certain that each such
process gets its own ID (as is done in the examples).

Karl

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 11:43 AM krishna agrawal <krish.agwl@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Karl,
>
> I will take a look at it
>
> But there is the error keep on tossing at manifold log
>
> ERROR 2018-12-01T11:13:26,297 (Job reset thread) - Exception tossed:
> Unexpected job status encountered: 33
> org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.ManifoldCFException: Unexpected job
> status encountered: 33
> at
> org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.jobs.Jobs.returnJobToActive(Jobs.java:2145)
> ~[mcf-pull-agent.jar:?]
> at
>
> org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.jobs.JobManager.resetJobs(JobManager.java:8449)
> ~[mcf-pull-agent.jar:?]
> at
>
> org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.JobResetThread.run(JobResetThread.java:77)
> [mcf-pull-agent.jar:?]
>
> Thanks,
> Krishna A
>

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 7:00 PM Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Krishna,
> >
> > First of all I suggest that you *not* use multiprocess-file-example, and
> > instead use multiprocess-zk-example.
> >
> > Your symptoms suggest many possibilities.  But if you move to Zookeeper
> we
> > will be able to eliminate dangling file locks as a complication.  So
> please
> > do that first.
> >
> > Karl
> >

> > On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 6:29 PM krishna agrawal <krish.agwl@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah in our local set up we did Simple example but in  server we did
> > > multiprocess-file-example are you suggesting us to upgrade from 2.10 to
> > > 2.11 ?
> > >
> > > and we are using MY Sql database ,
> > >
> > > So most of time i saw nothing is running and still it say job is
> running
> > > and you have to wait for it to complete.
> > >
> > > and restarting also not helping.
> > >
> > > Any other solution woould be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Krishna A

> > you

> > > multiprocess-file