manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 2.11, RC3
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2018 10:14:58 GMT
The back-and-forth is not going well.  Mr. Noble is needing to be convinced
that it is a valid use case for Solr to have metadata longer than 4096
characters.  In fact it seems like the Solr folks have deliberately been
trying to get rid of support for multipart posts for a while, because they
don't see the need for them.  I'm still hoping to convince them otherwise
but I'm not getting a positive feel.

I'm still trying to figure out if multipart posts have any fundamental
conflict with their RequestWriter architecture.  If not I can perhaps
override the RequestWrite implementation and add multipart support that
way.  But it's not going to be a quick process by any means.