manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ManifoldCF 2.11, RC2
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2018 08:36:21 GMT
There's been a lot of back-and-forth in the CONNECTORS-1533 ticket.  I've
convinced myself that, if there is a problem with document deletions under
Solr Cloud, it is present in the shipping version of Solrj 7.4.0 as well.
I've also not confirmed there is an actual problem.  Basically I'd like
Julien to have a look at the release artifact in his environment and verify
that it works for him.  If so, I think that the release can proceed.

I'm in discussions with the Solr team about the structural changes to
SolrJ.  The problems were introduced on 10/31/2017, and we didn't catch
them at that time because until this latest upgrade we'd been shipping
SolrJ 7.0.x.  It's therefore going to take a bit of work to get the
structural problems reversed, or get new code added that permits multipart
forms to work again.  We cannot wait in ManifoldCF for this to take place.

Thanks,
Karl