manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Tika/POI bugs
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2018 10:46:55 GMT
Hi all,

I've easily spent 40 hours over the last two weeks chasing down bugs in
Apache Tika and POI.  The two kinds I see are "ClassNotFound" (due to usage
of the wrong ClassLoader), and "OutOfMemoryError" (not clear what it is due
to yet).

I don't have enough time to create tickets directly in Tika for all
possible documents where these failures occur, so I urge our users to
create tickets DIRECTLY in the Tika project in Jira.  I guess you can let
the Tika people create the POI tickets, if need be.  For OutOfMemory
problems, please attach the file that causes the problem to the ticket, and
also the amount of memory you gave the agents process.  For ClassNotFound
problems, also include the stack trace.

Thanks in advance,
Karl