manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we put out a point release to address CONNECTORS-1450?
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 17:35:47 GMT
Ok, I've updated the release branch and pulled up what I think is the fix.

I think we should also create an Apache POI ticket to complain about the
behavior of class instantiation in the poi-ooxml package -- and also the
backwards dependency between poi-ooxml.jar and poi.jar, on
org.apache.poi.util.   The way the classes depend on each other makes
Apache POI unusable as separate jars, and  the class loader issue means
that it must always be loaded in the application root level.  It's much
better (and more standard) to use the current class's class loader when
resolving classes by reflection.

Any volunteers for working with Apache POI to create such a ticket, and
follow up?

Karl