manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Piergiorgio Lucidi <piergior...@apache.org>
Subject [Events] - Open Source Summit Europe 2017 and MesosCon in Prague
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2017 09:17:44 GMT
Hi,

I'm very proud to share with all of you that my submission to the Open
Source Summit Europe was accepted :)

As a mentor I'm also involved in the Apache Community project working with
Rich Bowen and Sharan Foga for spreading out the Apache Way message.

I'll attend the next Open Source Summit Europe 2017 together with Rich and
Sharan. The event will be held in Prague in October [1].
I'll be also together with Sharan at the ASF booth during the MesosCon.

I have submitted two different proposals: the first one more technical and
the second one (accepted) related to the Open Community Conference that
will be held inside the event [2].

We could work together for preparing great contents to share at the
conference.

Below you can see the accepted proposal that is basically focused on
explaining the Apache Way paradigm inside the journey followed by Apache
ManifoldCF.

The idea could be based on a talk similar to the following one held by Adam
from CouchDB [3].

Please let me know what you think, any feedback is welcome.
Thank you all and have a nice day.

Cheers,
PJ

Community Proposal:
The journey of Apache ManifoldCF: learning from ASF's successes

First proposal of the agenda
- Introduction
- Scope and goals
- Source code given from Metacarta
- Incubation

- Challenges
-- Achieving the Apache Top Level Project
-- Documentation
-- Suite for unit and integration tests
-- Different domains for each connector
-- Call for contributors
--- Very specific expertise

- Latest addition and Roadmap
-- New UX
-- New connectors
-- A big swerve is coming: the content migration feature

Abstract
Every ASF project has a story to tell and behind a story we find people
contributing with a real love in technologies.

They share the Open Source philosophy and this honest commitment in terms
of personal effort for achieving any kind of improvement for the project
means that there are individual contributors following a common light: The
Apache Way.

Piergiorgio will describe the path taken by the Apache ManifoldCF Community
for getting these results, starting from the incubation process to the
promotion as Top Level Project and then engaging new contributors.

Finally Piergiorgio explains how the Community can help with a huge benefit
also in the strategic view for a project.

Each contributor shares his own specific expertise on the field and his
technological sensibility will bring added value until to drastically
improve the scope of the entire project. Listen to the Community!

Audience
Everyone who wants to know more about what it means working in the Apache
Community and how to improve the engagement of people involved in their own
project.

Benefits to the ecosystem
The contents of this session will show an effective experience describing
the typical problems, opportunities and challenges that contributors can
find during their collaboration activity. Major highlights are related to
show the entire process in the Apache Community trying to give a wide range
scenario starting from the initial process and finishing with a
successfully classification as a Top Level Project.

Experience Level
Any

[1] - http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-europe
[2] -