manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Piergiorgio Lucidi <piergior...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for adding an Alfresco BFSI Output connector
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 12:55:55 GMT
Hi Karl,

> Hi Piergiorgio,
>
> I think you are doing a great job expanding MCF's ability to port content
> from system to system.  This can only help.

Thank you so much for your feedback, very appreciated :)

> The only concern I have is whether the Alfresco bulk importer can be used
> for synchronization, or whether it would be a once-only arrangement.  As
> you know, in order for synchronization to work, it must be possible to use
> the URL that ManifoldCF creates for each document as an identifier for the
> document.  In other words, it must be possible to use the URL to update the
> document in the target repository.  Can the bulk importer be used in that
> way?

I have just talked with Luis and I can say that we can store a new property
inside the metadata fields for keeping documentURL of ManifoldCF and then
implement the policy for a correct synchronization mechanism.

We can also change and fix any side effect that we see in the Alfresco Bulk
File System Import tool for improving the progressive import and for making
it fully compliant with Apache ManifoldCF in an official way :)

PJ