manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I would like to put together an MCF 2.7 release candidate by the end of the week
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2017 05:45:26 GMT
FWIW, the reason for the job crawl failure is due to the version mismatch
for log4j, so we'll need to figure out what to do about that:

org.nuxeo.client.internals.spi.NuxeoClientException:
org/apache/logging/log4j/Lo
gManager
        at
org.nuxeo.client.api.objects.NuxeoEntity.getCall(NuxeoEntity.java:223
)
        at
org.nuxeo.client.api.objects.NuxeoEntity.getResponse(NuxeoEntity.java
:120)
        at
org.nuxeo.client.api.objects.Repository.query(Repository.java:142)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.nuxeo.NuxeoRepositoryConnect
or.getDocsByDate(NuxeoRepositoryConnector.java:484)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.nuxeo.NuxeoRepositoryConnect
or.addSeedDocuments(NuxeoRepositoryConnector.java:409)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.StartupThread.run(StartupThread.
java:154)
        at
java:62)
        at
sorImpl.java:43)
        at
org.nuxeo.client.api.objects.NuxeoEntity.getCall(NuxeoEntity.java:217
)
        ... 5 more
org/apache/logging/log4j/LogManager
        at
org.nuxeo.client.api.marshaller.NuxeoResponseConverterFactory.<clinit
>(NuxeoResponseConverterFactory.java:56)
        at
org.nuxeo.client.api.marshaller.NuxeoConverterFactory.responseBodyCon
verter(NuxeoConverterFactory.java:74)
        at retrofit2.Retrofit.nextResponseBodyConverter(Retrofit.java:325)
        at retrofit2.Retrofit.responseBodyConverter(Retrofit.java:308)
        at
retrofit2.ServiceMethod$Builder.createResponseConverter(ServiceMethod
.java:679)
        at retrofit2.ServiceMethod$Builder.build(ServiceMethod.java:166)
        at retrofit2.Retrofit.loadServiceMethod(Retrofit.java:166)
        at retrofit2.Retrofit$1.invoke(Retrofit.java:145)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy2.query(Unknown Source)
        ... 10 more
org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager

        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
        at java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader.loadClass(URLClassLoader.java:798)
        ... 19 more
Exception:
  status: 666
  type: Error
  exception: org/apache/logging/log4j/LogManager
  throwable: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
<<<<<<

Karl

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 1:41 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, when I run it using made-up host names, the job dies with the
> following:
>

> Error: Repeated service interruptions during startup: Could not initialize
> class org.nuxeo.client.api.marshaller.NuxeoResponseConverterFactory
> <<<<<<
>
> This is against client version 2.5, not version 2.5-SNAPSHOT, which I
> cannot get.
>
> I would say that the connector is not yet ready to ship, both because of
> the dependency issues and because of the execution problems.  As far as the
> code itself is concerned, I think it needs work in the area of exception
> handling; it treats all errors as being service interruptions, which is
> really not going to cut it.
>
> Karl
>

> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 8:49 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There were a lot of problems with the code -- everything from missing
>> Apache headers to broken HTML to broken password management.  I've fixed
>> what I could find.  It would be great if someone could try this connector
>> out enough to confirm that it's working.
>>
>> It's also a bit disconcerting that you always get back "connection
>> working".  Is there any way to check the connection?
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I've added everything needed.  There is a version difference that I
>>> don't want to tackle though right now: the nuxeo client depends on log4j
>>> 2.4, and everything else depends on log4j 1.2.  I'm hoping this isn't going
>>> to cause things to blow up, but I suppose I'll find out soon enough.
>>>
>>> Karl

 If so, what are

I will inform

<

Haro <rharo@apache.org>

branch with the new Nuxeo

tested it

Lucidi <

time for working on
2.8 version.

I should port the initial
I see a lot of

I could have the opportunity
repository for a customer.

Haro <rharo@apache.org>:

> [...]
David so I will commit it to
build.xml file myself but I'm

out now, but I expect to reach
las 8:21, Karl Wright <

the 2.7 release branch today, if
the Nuxeo connector is expected
really can't wait after Sunday,
the last week of April, even for

but build.xml just needs to be
I'm happy to do that work,
is available from the Maven

at 5:50 PM, Karl Wright <

plausible?

2017 at 4:40 AM, Rafa Haro <

should be ready by then. I will
or tomorrow and will try to commit

10, 2017 at 9:46 AM Piergiorgio Lucidi <

you for this message.

some problems for working on the new CMIS
it this week.
we have to put it on the next release.

9:02 GMT+02:00 Karl Wright <

folks,

would like to put together a ManifoldCF 2.7
of next week.  However, there are a
them appear to be near complete, such as the
to be forgotten for the moment.  But we

everyone have a look at their tickets and
 Thanks!!

Lucidi
Evangelist @ Sourcesense
and Technical Reviewer @ Packt Publishing