manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Vinodh Boopalan <vinodh.boopa...@contentdiv.com>
Subject Request for a mentor
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2017 16:11:06 GMT
Team,

I request anyone who has some free time to provide some mentorship.  I would like to contribute
by doing things like running automated tests, providing patches for reported bugs, suggest/build
enhancements and how to work with Apache SVN (process) among other things that you may recommend.

I am new to the Apache world but have good experience with Java coding and ECM systems.  I
have worked with SVN and Git for SCM.  So far I have learnt how to build ManifoldCF and have
setup MCF in an IDE (Intellij Idea), have reasonable understanding of the architecture, wrote
an Ansible script to automate to perform a simple install of MCF with Postgresql, have written
a basic output connector and have read the book once (don’t claim to understand everything
though! ( ).  I have also been doing some benchmarks study on ManifoldCF performance and managed
to get around 75-80 docs/sec in my lab setup, I believe it can be pushed further.

I am work for a startup and planning to utilize MCF for a content analytics use case and would
like to contribute to the MCF community along the way.

Would appreciate if someone volunteers for 30-45 mins to start me up over a Webex/Skype.

Thanks and best regards,
Vinodh