manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Furkan KAMACI <furkankam...@gmail.com>
Subject Linking E-Mail and Its Attachments
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 18:13:48 GMT
Hi,

Currently, E-mail and its attachments are indexed individually. However, we
should link them somehow because there is not a direct link between them
(one can not access to parent - e-mail or child - attachment from one to
other).

First of all, when we index e-mail documents, we have optional metadata
fields for attachments:

Encoding of Attachment
Mime type of attachment

it may be useful to store name of attachments (also ids of attachments) to
softly link them. I used the term 'softly', because a hardly linked
solution is similar to nested documents of Solr but it may break the
 genericness.

What do you think about it?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI