manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ CONNECTORS-1290 ] Nuxeo connector for Apache ManifoldCF
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 23:51:10 GMT
Hi David,

If the jackson libraries make an attempt to preserve backwards
compatibility, it should be fine to update to 2.6.0.  I don't recall the
connectors that make use of those (maybe they were a dependency of Tika?)
but in general, well-behaved libraries do not change their APIs
carelessly.  Of course, you need to confirm this picture as best you can:
change the dependencies, download them (using ant make-core-deps) build,
and run tests.  The tests, though, do not exercise all connectors, so it
would help to determine where the dependency came from and if reasonable
make sure those connectors still work after the update.

Thanks,
Karl