manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Vinodh Boopalan <vinodh.boopa...@contentdiv.com>
Subject Performance benchmarking
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 05:16:45 GMT
Hi Karl/Team,

I am trying to benchmark ManifoldCF performance using the following configuration,

Host Specs

VM running in ESXi
Memory: 8GB
CPU: 2 with 2 cores
SSD

Running MCF in combined single process (1024MB JVM, 100 workers, 105 db connections) . Postgresql
setting are mostly per the link,
https://manifoldcf.apache.org/release/release-2.5/en_US/performance-tuning.html

I have around 2300 docs which is around 3.5 GB in total file size.  I am getting a throughput
of (null output) 13-14 docs/sec (18 docs/sec – best I have seen).

Is that a reasonable performance to expect?

Can I scale further by using the multiprocess deployment?  (have multiple agents against the
postgresql). Or should I explore scaling Postgres?

Thanks and best regards,
Vinodh