manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Vinodh Boopalan <vinodh.boopa...@contentdiv.com>
Subject My first open source contribution - ansible-role-manifoldcf
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 06:19:39 GMT
Team,

This is my first ever open source contribution (happy ☺ ), I hope it is helpful.

https://github.com/contentdiv/ansible-role-manifoldcf

It is not fully baked yet. However, at high level this is what it does,

$ ansible-playbook  -i dev mcf-agents.yml

Results in the following on the target defined in dev,
• Installs Oracle JDK (some enterprise might require)
• Installs Postgres (9.5 by default)
• Downloads and installs Apache ManifoldCF to /opt/manifoldcf/apache-manifoldcf-<version>/
• Copies the example (from binary distribution) folder to mcf-<service-name>-sp

In less than 15-20 mins.

What is Ansible?
Ansible is an open-source automation engine that automates cloud provisioning, configuration
management, and application deployment. – Wikipedia

Welcome your valuable feedback.

Thandks and best regards,
Vinodh

PS: There are a bunch of improvements that needs to be done and will be done in the future.