manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Piergiorgio Lucidi <piergior...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repositories as Output Connectors
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 10:09:05 GMT

> Hi Piergiorgio,
>
> Unless you can think of a technical difference between an "output index
> connector" and an "output content connector", I don't think it makes sense
> to introduce a new type of connector for this.  It's clear by the target
> whether it's for content or for an index.  For example, a CMIS output
> connector would obviously not be for building indexes.
>
> What do you mean by "output blockchain connector"?

I'm wondering if it can makes sense to consider the implementation of a
connector dedicated to read contents and transactions from a relational
datasource and then create blockchain records using any BlockChain API
available in the market today.

I think that it could be very useful because blockchain storage is used as
a distributed database and probably during the next year a potential use
case could be migrate an existent datasource against a blockchain provider.

I mean, this is just an idea but probably we will arrive to this later but
I would like to start a discussion about this or anyway have different
opinions.

Piergiorgio