manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQLException "value too long for type character varying(64)" while deleting documents
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 05:55:13 GMT
Hi Tomoko,

Sorry, I missed this post when it was originally made.

The activitytype column is provided by the framework for only a small
number of specific events.  In no case does the activitytype contain
anything other than a fixed-length string; it's meant to be queried on.
That string may include the name of a single output connection or of a
transformation connection, but only one.  The maximum length of an output
or transformation connection name is 32, so the total length available for
the rest of the activitytype column is 30.

The string "document deletion" is 17 characters, so that's nowhere near the
limit here. So this makes no sense.

Can you be more specific about the following:

(1) Which underlying database are you using?
(2) Have you modified the MCF schema in any way?
(3) What are the actual names of the output connections in question?

Thanks,
Karl