manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From David Arroyo <arroyoescobarda...@gmail.com>
Subject CONNECTORS-1290 [GSOC 2016] Nuxeo repository and Authority connector for Apache ManifoldCF
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 11:12:42 GMT
Hi,

Last week I started to develop the repository connector. I have been taking
a look to existent connectors for checking how they work, code structure
and so on.

For developing the repository connector, I have decided to implement the
seeding incrementally, since although the API not support it directly,
Nuxeo allows to do queries in a languague called  NXQL.

NXQL will be used a query to get the ids of the documents to be processed.
We can differentiate two cases:

* The first job execution, in this case all documents are processed.

* The following executions will use the last execution date, that is the
last modified date of the last processed document, which will be stored in
timestamp format, to get the documents modified from that date.

On the other hand, Nuxeo doesn´t delete the documents of the system, but
the state property of the document is set as deleted. So we know  what
documents should be removed.

The next week I will try to finish a first version of repository connector
using httpclient as client. This first version will be then tested and
improved. A possible improvement could be to use the official Nuxeo Java
Client[1] for implementing the connector.

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/nuxeo/nuxeo-java-client/