manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From "Devenney, Noel" <Noel.Deven...@fmr.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Verifying user credentials in Solr
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 11:45:44 GMT
Hi Karl, thanks for your response.

The version of ManifoldCF we're using is 2.1 and the Solr version is 4.10.3.

The ping request is being used and the authentication credentials are being used along with
it, but it seems to me that the /ping endpoint normally doesn't require authentication. We
set up a test instance of Solr, and set the /ping endpoint to require authentication.

In the case, when the credentials are incorrect, the connection status still shows "Connection
working", from looking in the TC logs exceptions are being thrown by the SolrPing class when
authentication fails. These Solr exceptions seem to be handled in Manifold code but don't
affect the connection status returned in the check method in the SolrConnecter class.

I will reach out to everyone on the Solr mailing list about this functionality, if you think
that the responsibility lies with them, but I appreciate any more input you may have on the
issue.

Kind regards,
Noel.