manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From "Devenney, Noel" <Noel.Deven...@fmr.com.INVALID>
Subject Verifying user credentials in Solr
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 12:22:15 GMT
Apologies, sent this email first to the 'user' mailing list, not sure if its more suited for
'dev'

Hi all,

In regards to the connection status field when viewing output connection status, specifically
for a Solr connection, it seems like credentials like UserID and password aren't verified.
If we change the UserID or password for the connection, the status will still output "Connection
working", even though operations on Solr requiring authentication would not work.

Does anyone know are there any ways within ManifoldCF that we could also verify the user credentials
when checking connection status, using functionality already in ManifoldCF or by making modifications
to the source?

Thanks,
Noel