manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gsoc 2016
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 11:27:20 GMT
Hi David,

Thank you for considering ManifoldCF for your GSoC project.

Most of our potential GSoC projects left over from 2015 involve connectors
for proprietary repositories, unfortunately.  These are:

(1) Livelink connector (CONNECTORS-1117) -- need to reimplement using the
newer REST API
(2) Finishing off the Alfresco Webscript connector (CONNECTORS-1058) --
need to add the ability to support thread interruptibility

Other projects that have been discussed include working with SharePoint;
SharePoint has deprecated their web-services API and has instead gone to a
REST API, and we'd need a pair of connectors (authority and repository) to
support that.  That's not properly ticketed in Jira for GSoC yet, and it
may be too big for one GSoC project, but we can perhaps break it up into
smaller pieces.

So, if you can show you have access to one of these three proprietary
repositories for the purposes of development, you could write a proposal
along those lines.

Alternatively, if you know of any repository that we may not currently have
a connector for that could prove useful to someone, you could propose that
as a project.

We're currently pretty shorthanded when it comes to mentors, so we will
only be able to accept one or two proposals at most this year.

Thanks!
Karl