manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Dileepa Jayakody <djayak...@zaizi.com>
Subject Re: ManifoldCF transformation connector for Apache Stanbol
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 14:07:20 GMT
Hi Rafa,

Thanks for reviewing my code and for your feedback. Please see my comments
inline below.

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Rafa Haro <rharo@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Dileepa,
>
> This seems to be going in the right direction clearly now in my opinion.
> Quick comments after a first review:
>

>    - Rejecting a document because it can't be enhanced is kind of tough.
>    You are preventing a document to be finally indexed because the
> enhancement
>    didn't perform correctly, probably it is better just to let them
> continue
>    the workflow within the system

Got your point. Will remove that part from the code

>    - As I can deduce for the code, you are correctly extracting the
>    configured dereferenced fields, but you are not processing at all the
>    LDPath results
>
> I'm passing the LDPath program as an enhancer parameter to Stanbol to
retrieve the enhancement result according to the LDPath program (which is
given as a text string in the connector UI).
If the user has not defined a LDPath program and added derefence fields in
the UI instead, then the enhancement request will be built using the
dereference fields as enhancer parameters.

If neither a LDPath or dereference fields are given in the transformation
UI, then I just call the given enhancement chain without any other enhancer
paramaters.

Please refer below code segment where I do this and let me know if it needs
more improvements.

            // ldpath program is given priority if it's set
            if (ldPath != null)
            {
                parameters =
EnhancerParameters.builder().setChain(chain).setContent(content).setLDpathProgram(ldPath).build();
            }
            else if (!derefFields.isEmpty())
            {
                parameters =
EnhancerParameters.builder().setChain(chain).setContent(content).setDereferencingFields(
                        derefFields.keySet()).build();
            }
            else
            {
                parameters =
EnhancerParameters.builder().setChain(chain).setContent(content).build();
            }
            eRes = enhancerClient.enhance(parameters);

Thanks,
Dileepa

> [...]
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > As per our discussion I have modified the Stanbol Connector so that it
> adds
> > all extracted entity URIs and entity attributes to the repository
> document
> > as fields.
> >
> > On a separate branch I have committed this code to our github project
> > sensefy-connectors.
> > You can find the source code here:
> >

> https://github.com/zaizi/sensefy-connectors/tree/feature/SENSEFY-1453-modify-stanbol-connector/transformation/mcf-stanbol-connector
> > Let me know your feedback.
> >
> > I will write a blog post on how to add it in a connection and get
> > ehancement results and share it with you.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dileepa
> >

> > On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Dileepa,
> > >
> > > You cannot create sub-documents in a transformation connector.  And
> > adding
> > > that capability to the framework is not possible; we would be missing
> key
> > > bookkeeping logic if that was allowed.
> > >
> > > Karl

> > response
> request.
> following
> > > RDF

> TextAnnotations
> generate
> > > the
> > > Currently
> > JSON
> > and
> > > separate
> > > their

> documents
> > > for

> > > http://stanbol.apache.org/ontology/entityhub/entityhub#
> > > >
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c3/Flag_of_France.svg
> > ",
> > > >

> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Flag_of_France.svg/200px-Flag_of_France.svg.png

> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Paris_-_Eiffelturm_und_Marsfeld2.jpg
> > > >

> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6e/Paris_-_Eiffelturm_und_Marsfeld2.jpg/200px-Paris_-_Eiffelturm_und_Marsfeld2.jpg
> It
> parisienne).
> limits
> 2,211,297

> "org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.opennlp.impl.NamedEntityExtractionEnhancementEngine",
> > > >

> "org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.entitytagging.impl.NamedEntityTaggingEngine",
> http://dbpedia.org/resource/France
> > ",
> > > >

> "org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.entitytagging.impl.NamedEntityTaggingEngine",
> > > >

> "org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.entitytagging.impl.NamedEntityTaggingEngine",
> > > >

> "org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.opennlp.impl.NamedEntityExtractionEnhancementEngine",

Morales

> > requirement
> such
> very