manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Chalitha Perera <cper...@zaizi.com>
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 11:36:01 GMT
Hi All,

We found another bug in alfresco indexer and also could affect the manifold
connector.
Issue with webscript is that, site changes from public to private are not
properly reflected. I have opened an issue for that in here [1].

Now we have a problem with alfresco-webscript manifold connector. In
alfresco when site level permissions changed, document modified date does
not change. In alfresco connector modified date is used to create version
string to check the need for re-indexing.

String documentVersion = (enableDocumentProcessing?"+":"-") + new
Long(modifiedDate.getTime()).toString();

if(!activities.checkDocumentNeedsReindexing(doc, documentVersion))
          continue;

It looks like because of this permission changed documents gets dropped.
Alfresco indexer webscript already correctly gives the changed documents
(It detects the changes correctly) which is correctly added as seeds in the
seeding method.

One option to this would be to combine acl information with modified date
to come up with different version string. But we can discuss any other
options as well.

Thanks,
Chalitha

[1] https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-indexer/issues/12

--

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this

Zaizi Ltd is registered in England and Wales with the registration number
6440931. The Registered Office is Brook House, 229 Shepherds Bush Road,
London W6 7AN.