manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Karl Wright (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CONNECTORS-1251) Confluence umlauts broken
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 13:45:11 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONNECTORS-1251?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15010994#comment-15010994
] 

Karl Wright commented on CONNECTORS-1251:
-----------------------------------------

Thanks [~adperezmorales] --- if you can't get a new license readily, I'd suggest creating
a branch which contains testing/debugging code that Jens can check out and build to help find
the problem.

I'd also suggest auditing the code -- my guess is that your code may be presuming that the
Content-Type from the server is UTF-8, but that might in fact be configurable, and you should
pay attention to that header when you decode responses.  Other connectors do this also, e.g.
the SharePoint connector, so I can find a code snippet if you like.



> Confluence umlauts broken
> -------------------------
>
>                 Key: CONNECTORS-1251
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONNECTORS-1251
>             Project: ManifoldCF
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Confluence connector
>    Affects Versions: ManifoldCF 2.2
>         Environment: Ubuntu Linux 14.04
> Java 1.8.0_51-b16
> Tomcat 7.0.52
>            Reporter: Jens Grassel
>            Assignee: Antonio David Pérez Morales
>              Labels: umlauts, unicode
>             Fix For: ManifoldCF 2.3
>
>
> Hi,
> I've noticed that the confluence connector seems to be unable to cope with special characters
like umlauts (ä, ö, ü, etc.). In our index they are broken for example {{ü}} becomes {{ü}}.
> I tried to pipe the extracted content through the tika extractor but the result was the
same.
> Regards,
> Jens



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message