manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Maurizio Pillitu <m...@apache.org>
Subject Alfresco Webscripts Connector - Status update
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2015 17:19:37 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've just submitted https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-indexer/pull/10 based
on the great work of Chalita (thank you very much!) and some fixes, but
most importantly documentation
<https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-indexer/blob/chalithafork/MANIFOLD.md>
around the testing process (which have caused pain and headaches in the
past)

I've also added a compatibility matrix in
https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-indexer/blob/chalithafork/README.md to
make clear which Alfresco, Manifold, Alfresco Indexer combinations are
tested.

Next steps (which should be rather quick)

   1. Merge PR on alfresco-indexer (will wait 48hrs for some feedback while
   running more tests)
   2. Release alfresco-indexer 0.8.0
   3. Change ManifoldCF version with 0.8.0 alfresco-indexer dependencies

2 random notes related to the connector:

   1. I'd like to extend tests in order to cover all use cases; I believe
   ACL changes and authorisation are a bit lacking; I'll create issues to keep
   track
   2. The integration with new Alfresco versions is getting painful; of
   course this would be less painful if we could simply rely on Alfresco
   Public APIs <http://docs.alfresco.com/5.0/pra/1/topics/pra-welcome.html>;
   I will discuss internally (in Alfresco) the possibility to extend the
   Alfresco Public API with the endpoints added by alfresco-indexer, leading
   to the deprecation of alfresco-indexer (for good)

A huge thanks to Chalitha, Deanna, Paul for their precious feedback and
code! Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  mao